My name is Adam Eggleston and I am running for Fort Collins City Council District 2. I have lived, worked, and played in Fort Collins since moving here 27 years ago. I moved here with my parents and 3 brothers from southern California in the early ’90s. My parents moved us to Colorado knowing that it would be the best place to raise 4 energetic boys. I was lucky to attend both Preston Middle School and Fort Collins High School shortly after they were built. After graduating from Fort Collins High School in 2002, with a letter and bars in theatre, I found myself in the auto industry as a sales consultant, manager, trainer, and pretty much any other position I was needed. I spent a wonderful decade in the auto industry, before finding my true calling as a REALTOR and helping folks buy and sell homes. In my personal life, I enjoy a good beer on a nice patio, a round of disc golf, lively conversation over coffee, relaxing drives up the canyon and hanging out with a group of close friends that I have known since high school. I also help my father raise my two nephews and it is truly enjoyed seeing them grow into little guys.
A little Bragging:
2018 City Works 101 Graduate
2017 Volunteer of the Year (Fort Collins Board of REALTORS)
2017 Young Professional of the Year (Fort Collins Board of REALTORS)
2016 Young Professional of the Year Finalist (Fort Collins Board of REALTORS)
2015 Rookie of the Year Finalist (Fort Collins Board of REALTORS)
Work Committees and Groups:
2019 Chair Government Affairs Committee for the Fort Collins Board of REALTORS
2017/2018 Fort Collins Board of REALTORS Board of Directors
2016/2017 Co-Chair Northern Colorado Young Professionals Network
Ex-Officio Member for Chamber of Commerce Local Legislative Committee
Vice-Chair Parking Advisory Board For the City of Fort Collins
Member of NOCO Housing NOW
Occupancy Study Task Force for the City of Fort Collins
My Recipe for Chocolate Stout Fudge
- 1 Jar Marshmallow (7oz)
- 1 1/2 Cup Sugar
- 1/3 Cup Evaporated Milk
- 1/3 Cup Stout Beer (Sad Panda from Horse and Dragon or Woodchip Porter from Maxline is really good)
- 1/4 plus 1 oz Butter
- 3 Cups of Chocolate Chips ( I prefer 2 Cups Dark, 1 Cup Milk Chocolate)
- Pinch of Salt
- 1 Teaspoon of Vanilla Extract
- Optional: Add a little beer salt from Old Town Spice Shop to give a nice little finishing pop of favor.
- Melt butter with the milk and beer. Bring to a light simmer.
- Stir in marshmallow and sugar until well combined (smooth).
- Remove from heat.
- Add a pinch of salt and vanilla.
- Slowly add chocolate chips while stirring.
- Once smooth pour into a tinfoil lined brownie pan.
- Place in the refrigerator or freezer to set overnight.